Disease Model Research Laboratory
Animal models of human diseases play a significant role in elucidation of disease mechanisms and the assessment of new drugs and novel therapeutics.
The common marmoset, a nonhuman primate species, bridges a gap between humans and rodent laboratory animals.
We advance research for the development of disease models and veterinary care for applying common marmosets as human disease models.
When using marmosets in research, we must provide the animals better housing environment and appropriate care such as disease control, anesthesia and analgesia.
In parallel with disease model research, our laboratory advances research in improving husbandry procedures and veterinary care for the enhanced well-being of marmosets in research.
- Survey and Experimental Infection of Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli in Common Marmosets (Callithrix jacchus).
Hayashimoto N, Inoue T, Morita H, Yasuda M, Ueno M, Kawai K, Itoh T.
PLoS One. 2016 Aug 8;11(8):e0160116.
- Simultaneous pharmacokinetics evaluation of human cytochrome P450 probes, caffeine, warfarin, omeprazole, metoprolol and midazolam, in common marmosets (Callithrix jacchus).
Uehara S, Inoue T, Utoh M, Toda A, Shimizu M, Uno Y, Sasaki E, Yamazaki H.
- Pentatrichomonas hominis in laboratory-bred common marmosets.
Inoue T, Hayashimoto N, Yasuda M, Sasaki E, Itoh T.
Exp Anim. 2015;64(4):363-8.
- Preclinical Study of Novel Gene Silencer Pyrrole-Imidazole Polyamide Targeting Human TGF-β1 Promoter for Hypertrophic Scars in a Common Marmoset Primate Model.
Igarashi J, Fukuda N, Inoue T, Nakai S, Saito K, Fujiwara K, Matsuda H, Ueno T, Matsumoto Y, Watanabe T, Nagase H, Bando T, Sugiyama H, Itoh T, Soma M.
PLoS One. 2015 May 4;10(5):e0125295.
- L-DOPA-induced behavioral sensitization of motor activity in the MPTP-treated common marmoset as a Parkinson's disease model.
Ando K, Inoue T, Itoh T.
Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2014 Dec;127:62-9.