On the basis of reproductive engineering technologies (induction of superovulation, in vitro fertilization, embryo transfer, cryopreservation of embryos/ova/sperm), we are establishing genetically modified mice and rats and are also managing their strains by cryopreservation.
We have been working on the development and improvement of more efficient gene recombination and cryopreservation technologies and are developing new animal models to contribute to the life science and biomedical fields.
- Cryopreservation of ova, sperm, and embryos
- Microbiological cleaning (establishment of SPF/gnotobiote/germ-free animals)
- Generation of genetically modified animals
- Strain breeding and speed congenic
- Rescue of infertile mice
- Development and improvement of technologies related to reproductive engineering technology
- Contruct and collaborative research using various reproductive engineering technologies
- Education and training on reproductive engineering technologies
- Adiponectin deficiency-induced diabetes increases TNFα and FFA via downregulation of PPARα.
Hashimoto H, Yamamoto M, Sugiura E, Abe H, Kagawa T, Goto M, Takahashi RI, Akimoto T, Suemizu H.
J Vet Med Sci. 2018 Apr 18;80(4):662-666.
- Novel reporter and deleter mouse strains generated using VCre/VloxP and SCre/SloxP systems, and their system specificity in mice.
Yoshimura Y, Ida-Tanaka M, Hiramaki T, Goto M, Kamisako T, Eto T, Yagoto M, Kawai K, Takahashi T, Nakayama M, Ito M.
Transgenic Res. 2018. Mar 15.
- Establishment of Immunodeficient Retinal Degeneration Model Mice and Functional Maturation of Human ESC-Derived Retinal Sheets after Transplantation.
Iraha S, Tu HY, Yamasaki S, Kagawa T, Goto M, Takahashi R, Watanabe T, Sugita S, Yonemura S, Sunagawa GA, Matsuyama T, Fujii M, Kuwahara A, Kishino A, Koide N, Eiraku M, Tanihara H, Takahashi M, Mandai M.
Stem Cell Reports. 2018 Mar 13;10(3):1059-1074.
- Lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferase 3 tunes the membrane status of germ cells by incorporating docosahexaenoic acid during spermatogenesis.
Iizuka-Hishikawa Y, Hishikawa D, Sasaki J, Takubo K, Goto M, Nagata K, Nakanishi H, Shindou H, Okamura T, Ito C, Toshimori K, Sasaki T, Shimizu T.
J Biol Chem. 2017 Jul 21;292(29):12065-12076.
- Strain preservation of experimental animals: vitrification of two-cell stage embryos for multiple mouse strains.
Eto T, Takahashi R, Kamisako T.
Cryobiology. 2015 Apr;70(2):150-5.